Read Beneath The Texas Sky by Jodi Thomas Free Online
Book Title: Beneath The Texas Sky|
The author of the book: Jodi Thomas
ISBN 13: 9780821771495
Date of issue: July 1st 2001
Format files: PDF
The size of the: 33.46 MB
City - Country: No data
Loaded: 2757 times
Reader ratings: 5.9
Read full description of the books:
This book's plot hooked me right away. Cinderella meets handsome Texas Ranger. He's going to save her from her verbally abusive aunt and pervy uncle. I was totally into the story, even though some of the writing style was awkward, and there was a cringe-worthy, way-too-long molestation scene with the uncle right before the heroine (Bethanie) escaped. I could forgive all that, because I cared about Bethanie and wanted her to succeed.
And then, things went awry.
First of all, the Texas Ranger ended up not just taking Bethanie with him out of San Antonio, but a whole posse of tag-alongs, including the mean aunt, cute girl cousin, a friend dressed like a priest, and the stable boy, just for good measure. So now he's not just smuggling out Bethanie, he's got this whole crew going with him. Okay, I can live with that.
But then they get out on the trail and notice an Apache stalking them, and figure there's going to be an attack. The Ranger (Josh) tells Bethanie that the two of them are going to take off riding away as fast as they can if the Apaches attack, in the hopes that the attackers will follow them and leave the other two women, the priest, and the little boy alone. I'm not sure I get that logic, but okay. I'm still with you.
So yes, the Apaches do follow Josh and Bethanie, and try to kill them, but then decide to leave them alive because of Bethanie's red hair. Okay, whatever.
But THEN, right after enduring this horrible, long, drawn-out attack, as soon as the Apaches leave, Josh and Bethanie have this huge make out session that includes heavy petting, telling each other things along the lines of "I can't live without you" and stuff. 20% of the way into the book. Suddenly they are in love??? Why??? And how are you going to hold my attention for the other 80% of the book?
I just can't go on with this novel. The writing is awkward and downright confusing at times, to the point that I would have to go back and re-read a few paragraphs to see if I missed something, because the action seemed to jump ahead to something that no longer made sense. Based on other people's reviews, I don't have confidence that it's going to get better. Sadly, because it started out so good.
Download Beneath The Texas Sky ERUB
Download Beneath The Texas Sky DOC
Download Beneath The Texas Sky TXT
Read information about the authorI'm a New York Times and USA Today Best Selling author, wife, mother, in-law, grandmother, sister, friend, and owner of one fat cat.
Reviews of the Beneath The Texas Sky
Add a comment
Download EBOOK Beneath The Texas Sky by Jodi Thomas Online free