Read Siblings Without Rivalry by Adele Faber Free Online
Book Title: Siblings Without Rivalry|
The author of the book: Adele Faber
ISBN 13: 9780380799008
Date of issue: February 1st 1998
Format files: PDF
The size of the: 467 KB
City - Country: No data
Loaded: 1360 times
Reader ratings: 3.1
Read full description of the books:
Siblings Without Rivalry: How to Help Your Children Live Together So You Can Live Too
I am going to record my notes, so I have a place to keep them.
- When siblings complaining, just try and repeat back what they are saying (helps them understand and validate feelings)
- If younger child gets pushed down accidentally, say, "Oh know you didn't want that to happen, you were having so much fun together (reminds of good relationship)
- Write signs on kids to remind the older sibling. (ex. "When I scream, it means I'm not having fun.)
- Main rule for fighting is STAY OUT OF IT. But if you have to intervene:
1) Acknowledge anger for each side
2) Then listen to them further explain why they are angry
3)Appreciate their both sides
4) Express faith in their ability to work it out (a "fair" solition)
5) Walk away
- Treat kids unigquly, not equally.
:( I love you the same/ :) I love you because you are you
:( Give equal amounts of food/ :) Do you want a little or a lot
:( Make sure time is equal/ :) "I know I am spending a lot of time with your sister because it is important to her. When I am done, I want to hear what is important to you."
- When kids name calling or hitting:
- “You sound mad, but I expect you to confront your brother without using names, or hitting.
- Rather than hitting him, go his this pillow, or show me on this dall, or draw a picture.
- Insisting on good feelings between children leads to bad feelings. Allowing bad feelings between children lead to good feelings.
Download Siblings Without Rivalry ERUB
Download Siblings Without Rivalry DOC
Download Siblings Without Rivalry TXT
Read information about the authorAdele Faber graduated from Queens College with a B.A. in theater and drama, earned her master's degree in education from New York University, and taught in the New York City high schools for eight years before joining the faculty of the New School for Social Research in New York and Family Life Institute of C.W. Post College of Long Island University. She is the mother of three children.
Reviews of the Siblings Without Rivalry
Add a comment
Download EBOOK Siblings Without Rivalry by Adele Faber Online free