Read The Art of Forgiving by Lewis B. Smedes Free Online
Book Title: The Art of Forgiving|
The author of the book: Lewis B. Smedes
ISBN 13: 9780345404121
Edition: Random House, Inc.
Date of issue: April 9th 1996
Format files: PDF
The size of the: 2.19 MB
City - Country: No data
Loaded: 1250 times
Reader ratings: 3.9
Read full description of the books:
A wiser and seasoned Smedes offers hope and direction for all those seeking to understand and practice forgiveness. With compassion, insight, and illuminating example, he explains the three stages of forgiveness, shows why we should forgive and whom we should forgive, explains how faith can help us find the strength to forgive, and demonstrates the steps we must take in order to forgive.
Download The Art of Forgiving ERUB
Download The Art of Forgiving DOC
Download The Art of Forgiving TXT
Read information about the authorLewis Benedictus Smedes (1921 — December 19, 2002) was a renowned Christian author, ethicist, and theologian in the Reformed tradition. He was a professor of theology and ethics for twenty-five years at Fuller Theological Seminary in Pasadena, California. His 15 books, including the popular Forgive and Forget, covered some important issues including sexuality and forgiveness.
Lewis Benedictus Smedes was born in 1921, the youngest of five children. His father, Melle Smedes, and mother, Rena (Benedictus), emigrated to the United States from Oostermeer, Friesland in the Netherlands. (Rena's name before being changed by the officials at Ellis Island was Renske.) When he was two-months-old, his father died in the partially completed house he built in Muskegon, Michigan. He married Doris Dekker. He died after falling from a ladder at his home in Sierra Madre, California on December 19, 2002. He was survived by his wife, three children, two grandchildren and one brother.
In addition to many articles, Smedes wrote many popular books including:
* Forgive & Forget: Healing the Hurts We Don't Deserve, Harper, 1984
* A Pretty Good Person What it Takes to Live with Courage, Gratitude, & Integrity or When Pretty Good Is as Good as You Can Be, Harper, 1990
* Standing on the Promises
* Choices: Making Right Decisions in a Complex World
* How Can It Be All Right When Everything Is All Wrong?
* Caring & Commitment: Learning to Live the Love We Promise
* The Incarnation in Modern Anglo-Catholic Theology
* All Things Made New
* Love Within Limits
* Sex for Christians
* Mere Morality: What God Expects From Ordinary People
* A Life of Distinction
* The Art of Forgiving
* Shame and Grace: Healing the Shame We Don't Deserve
* Keeping Hope Alive
* My God and I, a Spiritual Memoir, Eerdmans, 2003
Reviews of the The Art of Forgiving
Add a comment
Download EBOOK The Art of Forgiving by Lewis B. Smedes Online free