Read Steven Universe #7 by Jeremy Sorese Free Online
Book Title: Steven Universe #7|
The author of the book: Jeremy Sorese
ISBN: No data
ISBN 13: No data
Date of issue: February 4th 2015
Format files: PDF
The size of the: 23.24 MB
City - Country: No data
Loaded: 2275 times
Reader ratings: 3.8
Read full description of the books:
As much as I love the cartoon series, I never quite like the comics quite as much. They all read like filler episodes, which is fun but not as enjoyable as seeing the characters experience growth and learn from their mistakes, building as they go. But even though I miss that aspect (and the animated characters' vocal performances) while reading comics, these are still worth reading for any SU fan.
The paper issue I own has the cover by Becky Dreistadt!
This issue contains the comics "Storytime," "Wild Animals," "Car Trouble," "Garden," and "Mean Look."
"Storytime" (Full-length, color):
Plot: Connie and Pearl are discussing fantasy novels. Connie explains the plot of a story about a character named Mearl, which Pearl of course keeps envisioning as herself as parallels keep arising between her own life and that of the character's. But then when Connie says Mearl had to be rescued, Pearl objects, saying she would have been able to rescue herself. She objects to more and more of the story as Connie goes on explaining the plot, until she can't take any more and goes off on a mission with the other Gems muttering about how the story is wrong, funneling her irritation into aggressively capturing a corrupted Gem.
1. The bit with Pearl saying nothing's going on and "CONNIE IS JUST TELLING LIES" is adorable.
2. This Connie/Pearl interaction highlights how similar they are in that they both get fixated on their own interpretations of characters (as Connie did in the episode "Open Book"), so it's cool that it was released before they started sword-fighting together in the show.
3. There is a typo: Amethyst says "Hey Pearl, it's time for that missioin!"
"Wild Animals" (Short, color):
Plot: Amethyst is experimenting with shapeshifting, becoming animals to mess with other animals. When Steven and Connie rescue freshwater fish from being thrown into the ocean by Onion and return them to the pet store, Amethyst feels that the animals should be free. She sneaks into the store at night and tries to liberate the fish, but Steven and Connie stop her and convince her that these animals are in the place they should be. Amethyst sulks, tries some more animal forms inspired by TV, and gives up.
1. This comic's title is not listed in the table of contents in the beginning of the comic.
2. Connie says her hat might get stuck on Steven's "big head," and he says if that happens he'll just keep it as an early birthday present. This is interesting because Steven's fourteenth birthday happened in the 75th episode of the show, but even though we can assume from other clues that the first 74 episodes happened over the course of more than a year, Steven's actual birthday did not take place in the show until then. This comic suggests his birthday was about to come in the world of the comic, and we don't really know how it lines up, but Rebecca Sugar did a comic short about Steven's birthday at one point (released in Volume 1 of the trade paperback containing the first four comic issues), so maybe that's supposed to represent his thirteenth birthday.
3. There are a couple language mistakes: Steven says "If it get's stuck," and Connie says "Everything has it's place."
"Car Trouble" (Two-page short, color):
Plot: Greg, Steven, and Garnet are in Greg's van driving through the rain, and they get stuck in the mud. Greg is unable to push his van out of the mud without help, but when Garnet helps, she pushes too hard and launches the van out of sight down the road, and they all run to catch it.
Notable: Cookie Cat umbrella! Also, it's neat to think the three of them were going somewhere together without the others, like they did for their road trip later in "Keystone Motel."
"Garden" (One-page short, color):
Plot: This is just a wordless art page depicting Steven and Connie riding on Lion through a beautiful, weird forest.
"Mean Look" (Short, black and white):
Plot: The Gems are fighting some kind of plant monster that can shoot teleportation beams, and in the middle of the battle Steven spots Onion sitting on a rock eating a snack. Steven moves to get Onion out of the battle but he is shot by one of the monster's teleportation beams. When he appears in front of a bunch of angry plant monsters, one of them knocks his popcorn out of his hand and Onion gives them such a terrifying look that they all become submissive immediately. When the Gems come to rescue him, Onion doesn't need rescuing.
Notable: Onion is eating popcorn. Some people think Onion doesn't eat, and they make a big point of him tossing out or spitting out food often in the show, but the very first time we see Onion in the show ("Bubble Buddies," episode 7), he's eating popcorn. So this could be a nice callback to that. What's interesting is how angry Onion gets when the plant monster smacks his popcorn out of his hand, considering how often he's ruined food himself.
Download Steven Universe #7 ERUB
Download Steven Universe #7 DOC
Download Steven Universe #7 TXT
Read information about the author
Reviews of the Steven Universe #7
Add a comment
Download EBOOK Steven Universe #7 by Jeremy Sorese Online free